Being, in Brooklyn, whether as a permanent resident or a tourist, opens up great many opportunities for you. There are a number of things to do in Brooklyn that do not cost too much and offer an ultimate fun experience with numerous eminent landmarks and sights to see, many fun places to visit and hang out; moreover, with some very cheap eateries where you can have all the delicious food you want, for a very affordable price. Following below is a list of top things to do in Brooklyn, which applies to you regardless of your residential situation.
- Visit the Brooklyn Bridge: There is no doubt that there remains a single person alive today who has not heard about the famous Brooklyn Bridge. Providing a breathtaking view of Manhattan, Brooklyn and the NY harbor, the Brooklyn Bridge allows people to take walks alongside the bridge. That is why visiting this bridge is one of the top most things to do in Brooklyn.
- Canoe in the Canarsie at the Sebago Canoe Club: Open from Wednesdays to Saturdays, visitors are allowed to take canoe rides, for free, for two and a half hours. However, a small fee of $10 is charged and insurance and an age limit of 16 applies.
- Get in touch with nature by visiting the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens: The green gardens, with an air replete with rich perfumes of different flowers, are just the place you need to be, if you are a nature lover. The gardens, spread on 52 acres of land, are perfect to spend a quiet picnic, or hosting a wedding party.
- The Prospect Park: Having its own version of the Central Park, the Prospect Park in Brooklyn boasts of a zoo, a museum of art and an Audubon center. It is a great place to hang out with the entire family facilitating you to get in touch with nature. People are seen taking long peaceful walks and performing routine exercises to get into shape.
- Revisit the past with Brooklyn Museum: The second largest museum in New York, the Brooklyn Museum, is situated right at the heart of Brooklyn. It showcases artwork collections from across the globe, having every item, an art lover can dream of, seeing in one place.
- Indulge in fine dining: The list of things to do in Brooklyn cannot be complete without mentioning a few places, dedicated to providing quality food. Places like Marlow& Sons, Prime Meats, etc offer a classy and elegant dining experience at a great price.